Igbo Group Describes Nnamdi Kanu As Fugitive And Alone In Cessation Project


The state Kogi States’s Commissioner for Education, Science, and Technology, Wemi Jones, has said that the State Governor, Yahaya Bello promised to allocate 20 per cent of the state’s annual total budget to the education sector from 2021 till the end of his tenure.
The commissioner, who made this known today, November 13, when a team from the Federal Education Qualify Assurance Service paid a courtesy visit, said: “as a matter of fact, the governor openly declared recently that education will take 20 per cent of the state’s annual total budget from now till the end of his tenure.”
The commissioner assured the team of his ministry’s readiness to partner with the Federal Education Qualify Assurance Service in ensuring quality education to the state.
He commended the team for the visit and expressed his excitement over the report of their evaluation of schools in the state, describing it as commendable and encouraging.
Jones emphasised the commitment of the state government to revamping the education sector, saying that the governor had made the education sector his number one priority.
He explained that the ministry had used the covid-19 lockdown period to put in place some laudable projects with the approval of the governor towards the reopening of schools.
According to him, amongst the new policies is the Education Law which the state does not have in operation since its creation.
”As I speak with you, the education law bill had been passed by the State House of Assembly waiting for the accent of the governor.
”The governor had recently inaugurated a committee on Education For All Project (EDUFAP), meant to cater to the 285 public secondary schools in the state.
”EDUFAP will provide infrastructure, renovations, equipping laboratories and libraries, manpower in schools among others,’’ Jones said.
He added that the government was also working to address the issue of proliferation of schools, saying there were lots of unregistered and substandard schools in the state.
He said the state government had also given approval for a robust incentive welfare package that would boost the morale of teachers.
The commissioner pledged to implement all the observations and recommendations made by the team on their evaluation of schools in the state.
Earlier, the head of the team, Mrs Bukola Jamgbadi, congratulated the commissioner on his well-deserved appointment.
She assured the commissioner of the synergy of roles and responsibility at different levels for comprehensive monitoring and evaluation.
She said that the team focused on ensuring that channels of communication and feedback mechanisms were opened, in order to ensure uniform standards, ownership, and sustainability.
Jamgbadi also expressed the team’s desire to contribute their token to the development of education in the state.
On the ground to receive the team was the Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Pastor Emmanuel Idenyi, and other management staff of the ministry.
No fewer than 18 people, travelling from Zango Majiya to the farm died today, November 13, as a canoe carrying of them capsized on River Buji in Itas Gadau Local Government Area of Bauchi State.
A statement today, by the Bauchi State Police Command’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ahmed Mohammed Wakil, said that five of the passengers, including the driver and a female passenger were rescued alive.
He said that the incident was reported to the police at the Itas Gadau Police Station by the Village Head of Majiya, Nuhu Kaila
“On 12th November, 2020 at about 11am, one Ali Adamu, Village Head of Majiya came to Itas-Gadau Police Station and reported that, on same date at about 10.30am, one Nuhu Kaila, male of Zango Majiya village, carried about 23 persons in a canoe, from Zango Majiya to the farm.
“On reaching the middle of River Buji, the canoe capsized and as a result, the following persons: Abdulraham Shehu, Male (20); Suwaiba Yusuf, female (12); Saude Abdulkarim, female (14); Fatima Maigari, female (10); Zuwaira Maigari, female (10); Hari Maigari, female (9); Hussaina Maigari, female (8); Ummani Abdulkarim, female (15); Halima Saminu, female (15) of Gidan Ganji village.
“Others are Najaatu Hamza, (15); Nura Abdullahi, Male (25); Yahuza Abdullahi, (12); Hafsa Abdullahi, female (11) of Majiya village, Sadiya Hashimu, (10); Khadija Alhassan, (15) of Gwarai village; Amina Idris, (15); Kaltime Hudu, female (14); Furaira Malam Magaji, female (14) of Zangon Majiya village were drowned in the river and died at the spot.
“The canoe driver and one Aisha Adamu, female (16), Umaru Adamu, male (30) were rescue unconscious.”
He said that the corpses of the dead one have been recovered from the river and taken to the Itas General Hospital for postmortem examination.
“The corpses were removed from the river and taken to the General Hospital Itas, for postmortem examination.
“A medical doctor certified 18 persons dead, while 5 persons were rescued.”
The Governor of Rivers state, Nyesom Ezebunwo Wike, has made it clear that he is not Igbo and will never change change his identity for whatever reason.
Governor Wike said that he belongs to the Ikwerre ethnic group from Rumuepirikom in Obio-Akpor area of the state.
In an interview with Dele Momodu, the Governor said: “I’m not (an Igbo). You see, people must understand things. We are from the Eastern part of the country. Nobody can deny that fact. People interpret my name as ‘Weekay’. It means a new born baby. They said Wike means ‘a strong person’. I don’t care.
“My name is Ezebuwon. Now, nobody can deny the fact of our affinity with the Igbos. Nobody can. Take for example, in the Benin,. There is “Akpata” in Edo and “Apata” in Yoruba. Are you now saying the Akpata in Edo is the same with the one in Yoruba. No! They may have a relationship but that does not mean that you are them.”
“People, when they want to do something… Assuming I’m an Igbo (although no conceding), I’m now in Rivers state. So, because I’m an Igbo in Rivers state, I should allow criminals from my area – Igbo – like they say – to kill security agents. Is that what they say?”
“I’m not one politician who will change his identity. I will not change my identity. I will not! People should understand that there is a difference between the Akpata in Edo and Apata in the West. After all, there is no one that said they came (to this world) on their own.”

A former Majority Leader of the Senate, Senator Ali Ndume, has called on the federal government not to give much emphasis on the rehabilitation and reintegration of repentant Boko Haram members.
Ndume, Chairman of the Senate Committee on Army, who spoke today, November 13 during the budget defense session with the Nigerian Army, said that deradicalizing repentant Boko Haram members is a misplacement of priority.
According to him, government should focus on resettling the Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs) in various camps across the North.
This was even as he alleged that the recent terrorist attack in Damboa was orchestrated by a repentant Boko Haram member. Ndume said the repentant insurgent was feeding his former colleagues information regarding the movement of the army.
Senator Ndume said that it is unfair for the government to lavish its resources on ex-Boko Haam insurgents who threaten the peace of the nation and not those affected by the insurgency.
He also advised the federal government to keep arrested insurgents as prisoners of war, adding that in due time they can be profiled and tried in accordance with the law.
Senator Ndume, however, kicked against the Boko Haram bill aimed at creating an agency for repentant terrorists. According to the lawmaker, the bill will embolden the insurgents since they are sure of rehabilitation and reintegration into society.
A major law firm withdrew overnight from President Donald Trump’s case in Pennsylvania.
Lawyers for the President Donald Trump campaign, including a major law firm, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur, have withdrawn petition against the election of Joe Biden in the United States of America.
The President’s campaign is seeking to have mail-in ballots thrown out, and the withdrawal is the latest blow to Trump’s efforts to challenge the 2020 election result in court.
The law firm based in Ohio, which brought a suit, arguing that the use of mail-in ballots in the election had created “an illegal two-tiered voting system” in the state, abruptly withdrew from that case in a memo to the court.
“Plaintiffs and Porter Wright have reached a mutual agreement that plaintiffs will be best served if Porter Wright withdraws,” the memo said, according to The Guardian UK.
This was even as other lawyers for the Trump campaign also withdrew a lawsuit in Arizona, saying that the case would not move enough votes to change the election result in the state.
“Since the close of yesterday’s hearing, the tabulation of votes statewide has rendered unnecessary a judicial ruling as to the presidential electors,” Trump lawyer Kory Langhofer told an Arizona state court, in news first reported by the Wall Street Journal.
The development means that Biden’s victory in Pennsylvania will be certified soon, and his election president draws closer. By US law the state’s result must be certified by 23 November.
Biden is currently leading Trump with 5.3m popular votes and counting, and 306 Electoral College votes to Trump’s 232.

Former Governor of Lagos State and current Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Raji Fashola, has said that he distanced himself from any form of financial compensation as former Governor.
According to Fashiola, long before he left office, he had told the State Executive Council to count him out of such compensation, which had become a law before he got into office.
In an interview today, November 12 on Channels TV, Fashiola said: “If I understand that clearly, I think there has been this public expression of concern about certain legislation passed at the state level to compensate, as it were, people who had held offices as governors.
“It happened in my state but I can say very clearly that I declined to benefit and I stated clearly in a recorded minute of meeting of government in State Executive Council, that if this was a privilege conferred on me, I had a right to refuse, which I refused and the cabinet should record my refusal to partake because I was conflicted morally about the position.
“For me, the real privilege and honour was to serve.
“I have gone back to my house in Surulere and I am not collecting any emolument.
“I know that there was some credit they sent, about N357,000, to my account every month and I have asked them to explain what it is for, but the money is there in my salary account.
“So, if I have collected anything, I know that is what I have collected since I left office.
“I have collected N357,000 monthly.
“No house was built for me in Lagos and Abuja.
“Unless those making the point say I shouldn’t get paid because my salary as a minister is N900,000 plus or minus every month.”